EWE CLANS AND THEIR FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
It is believed that the Ameawo arrived in Anloland (Alakple and about) before Torgbi Wenya's arrival.
1. Ameawo - Founder (Mahu Ahafia) - Nugbidodo (settle disputes/); Control all palm
trees (Detsi) in Anloland.
Totem is Avutsu (male dog), a fetish that
was given to the people of Alakple by Tsali (a mystic man from Tsiame and the founder of Tsiame Clan) to protect the people
from the attack of wild animals.
a. Wearing of shirts, blouses/tops and sandals is prohibited within the Torgbi Nyigbla shrine
b. It is a taboo for the people of Alakple to shout loud with the intention of drawing attention to
c. It is a taboo to whistle in Alakple town
d. It is a taboo to fry fish with palm kernel oil
The Amee clan members do not eat smoked crab
f. Amee clan members do not
g. It is a taboo to bring or rear or keep a dog (avu) in
Alakple. Amee clan members are not to be touched by a dog; when touched, they have to touch back with their feet otherwise
they suffer from a dreadful skin disease
2. Loapeawo - Founder (Wenya
Setsi) - Tsipopodi (libation)
3. Dzeviawo - Founder (Aduadui) - Kpekulawo
4. Amladeawo - Founder (Besa Kofa) - Function?
5. Adzorviawo - Founder (Kponoe, later Togbi Sri I) - Function?
Bateawo - Founder (Fui Avoke Adeladzea) - Function?
7. Likeawo -
Founder (Wetsigbe Atorgolo) - Function?
8.Toviawo - Founder (Do Kponor)
9. Bameawo - Founder (Akoli Bamia) - Function?
10. Klevieawo - Founder (Dodi Fuga) - Function?
Agaveawo - Founder (Ago) - Function?
12. Tsiameawo - Founder (Tsali)
13. Whipemeawo - Founder (Amega Le) - Function?
14. Yetsopeawo - Founder (?) - Function?
Ebluawo - Founder (?) - Function?