Review For Your First Exam
- Know the significance of the Homo Habilis
& the Cro-Magnons
- The main theme of Marx & Engels’
- Major sociological thinkers covered in class and
their theoretical leanings.
- Max Weber’s major contributions: i.e. Verstehen, Ideal Type and Protestants’ Ethic and the
Spirit of Capitalism.
- Characteristics of a variable and a hypothesis.
- The logic of Deductive and Inductive reasoning.
- The Major research designs discussed in class.
- Know the ethical issues in research
- The three major theoretical perspectives and what
they stand for.
- W.E. B. DuBois’ work.
- The significance of Talcott Parsons as a
Definitions: Cultural Universal;
Counterculture; Sub-culture; Culture Relativism; Anomie; Validity&
Reliability; Dramaturgical Approach; Values & Norms; Manifest & latent